OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
At JCR Civil our occupational health and safety is based on a belief that the safety and well being of people employed at work, or the people affected by out work, is a major priority and must be maintained during all work performed. The public shall be given equal priority to that of our employees.
Our safety policy commits to:
- Compliance with acts and regulations, codes, standards and best practices;
- Continuous improvement to the system and safety performance of the company,
- To achieve an incident free workplace,
- To make health and safety an integral parts of every managerial and supervisory position,
- To ensure health and safety is considered in all planning and work activities,
- To involve our employees in the decision making process through regular communication, consultation and training,
- Providing safe plant and systems of work through hazard management,
- Provide written procedures and instructions,
- Provide consultative mechanisms for employees and subcontractors to raise
- To provide a continuous program of education and training to ensure that JCR employees work in the safest possible manner,
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis,
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are controlled and prevented,
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
The success of our health and safety management is dependant on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing OH&S controls that are suitable to each given situation,
- Understanding the total work process and associated OH&S risks,
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives,
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all employees.
JCR Civil Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the environment. Our operations will be conducted in a manner that is environmentally friendly, by reducing pollution, preserves natural resources, conserves heritage and reduces wastes. We are focused on pursuing our environmental goal of minimizing impact to land, water, air, flora and fauna.
To achieve our environmental goal, JCR aims to:
- Comply with environmental legislation, contractual and regulatory requirements,
- Maintain a management system that conforms to ISO 14001 requirements and integrates environmental considerations into business and project plans,
- Investigate, report and respond to all environmental incidents and implement corrective action to prevent reoccurrences,
- Returning the environment to ‘as new’ condition after works are completed,
- Reducing the greenhouse gas emissions and pollution by reducing fuel use, conserving energy and ensuring that plant is regularly inspected and maintained,
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership in managing the environment,
- Reinforce to employees and subcontractors their environmental obligations through JCR programs of induction, training and toolbox meetings,
- Ensure a JCR QHSE Officer is elected to aid the management of the environment,
- Ensure supervisors and the management team are responsible for JCR operations,
- Communicate our policy to employees, subcontractors and other stakeholders including the public.
JCR will respond to the environmental challenges that we encounter whilst completing works, and contribute to the foundations of an environmental sustainable future for our community.